By Andrew E. Stoner
Using a story process with a mixture of fundamental and secondary resources, the paintings examines not just the rhetoric of presidents and presidential hopefuls, but in addition the character of campaigns and their effect on Indiana groups. whereas Indiana loved the location of being a battleground country for the higher a part of a century from the 1870s until eventually the Sixties, it has additionally been missed, brushed aside, and has from time to time created unforeseen political drama.
Read or Download Campaign Crossroads: Presidential Politics in Indiana from Lincoln to Obama PDF
Similar government books
Cultural factions are an intrinsic a part of the cloth of yank politics. yet does this suggest that there's no room for compromise while teams carry noticeably varied viewpoints on significant concerns? now not unavoidably. for instance, in a June 2003 Time/CNN ballot, forty nine% of respondents pointed out themselves as pro-choice and forty six% pointed out as pro-life.
A frank and fresh evaluate of a number of leader Executives, their administrators of valuable Intelligence, or even a few decrease within the hierarchy, government secrets and techniques shines gentle at the improvement and execution of international coverage in the course of the realizing of the instruments on hand, of which covert motion could be least recognized and understood.
Florida governor Reubin Askew memorably characterised a pace-setter as “someone who cares sufficient to inform the folk now not purely what they wish to listen to, yet what they should be aware of. ” It was once a stunning assertion for a latest flesh presser to make, and, extra remarkable nonetheless, it labored. within the Politics of belief: Reubin Askew and Florida within the Seventies, Gordon E.
Les family members entre l'Europe occidentale et les États-Unis d' Amérique
- Campaigning for President 2012: Strategy and Tactics, New Voices and New Techniques
- America's Challenge: Engaging a Rising China in the Twenty-First Century (Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- Authoritarian El Salvador: Politics and the Origins of the Military Regimes, 1880-1944 (From the Helen Kellogg Institute for International Studies)
- Strategy: A Guide To Policing the African American Community
- Budget of the U.S. Government A New Foundation for American Greatness: Fiscal Year 2018
- Public Policymaking by Private Organizations: Challenges to Democratic Governance
Extra resources for Campaign Crossroads: Presidential Politics in Indiana from Lincoln to Obama
Campaign Crossroads: Presidential Politics in Indiana from Lincoln to Obama by Andrew E. Stoner